The time has come – the 4Runner is for sale.
UPDATE 11/18/19 – SOLD at full price. Thank you to all who were interested!
UPDATE 11/15/19 – PRICE DROP: $38,995
It’s bittersweet really. I’m ready for the next thing, but this truck has been so amazing, I hate to let it go. But the itch wins out, and what has been an incredible vehicle is ready to go to the next owner.
I bought this truck new, January 2016 – and it’s the longest I’ve ever owned a vehicle. I just got it back from the dealer and they said everything is in tip-top shape, as expected – so it’s ready to serve you for many years to come.
These are well known to last a very long time, I have talked to many with 200k+ miles and still running strong.
This is a trail-ready rig, only thing you’ll need is a rooftop tent and a fridge – otherwise it’s ready for expedition adventure travel.
- 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
- Factory rear e-locker, KDSS, Crawl Control, ATRAC
- Price: $39,995
- Mileage: 93k
- LOCATION: Salt Lake City Utah
A mostly complete list of mods:
- CBI front steel bumpers
- CBI rear steel bumper with dual swingout- $6500
- CBI full skid package (front, transfer case, tranny, fuel tank – $750
- Lightforce 40” bar on rack, 30” in bumper, venoms on bumper, rear upper rack lights and rear bumper lights – $2000
- XenonDepot HID and LED upgraded headlights
- Frontrunner slimline 2 roofrack – $1100
- Slee Sliders – $1200
- Nitro 4.88 gears – $2400
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics stage 7 suspension (adjustable coil overs in front and adjustable dampening all four corners) 13k miles on them – $5500
- Icon Alloys Six Speed (5)
- BFG KO2 285/70/17 (5) – less than 10k miles on them
- Smittybilt 10k winch
- ARB Drawer and roller floor (fridge slide) – $1000
- Odyssey group 31 AGM battery
- Odyssey group 34 AGM battery
- SDHQ dual battery kit – $1000
- Wiring to back of vehicle for power for expandable power and power for auxiliaries (like a fridge)
- SPOD with touch screen
- PowerTray mounting solution
- Remote start with cellular from Accesorides
Probably some more things – check out this playlist for all we’ve done.
I just completed a round of service at my local Toyota dealer which included:
- Oil change
- Transmission fluid change
- Coolant system flush
- Front and rear diff oil changed
- Brake system fluid flush
- Front and rear rotors and pads replaced
Let’s talk about the condition. This has been a used trail rig, but I’m super meticulous with my stuff. The truck has been waxed and detailed on a yearly basis since new and the paint looks amazing. I just had it professionally detailed with some paint correction and a ceramic finish (not ceramic coating) in October 2019. Sure, there are scratches, and if you’re going to use this truck the way it’s intended, you’ll get more. But the paint is in great shape. There aren’t any large marks on the bumpers, but the steel skids have been hit a few times on the trail.
The interior is in great shape. Actually, I was in a buddy’s 4Runner with 30k and you couldn’t tell the difference between his and mine. I don’t know if I’m just soft with my stuff or if the 4Runner interior just ages extremely well, but either way – it looks great.
Things pictured that are NOT included in sale:
- Recovery gear:
- Traction boards
- Rear tire bag
- Rooftop tent
- GoalZero Yeti
- Dometic fridge
- Solar Panel
I’ll forever remember this truck as the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. I won’t regret selling it because it’s ready for the next phase of it’s life. I’m ready for something new, but if that doesn’t work out, maybe I’ll buy another 4Runner in a few years. I like to pass my stuff on with plenty of life left and this truck will serve someone else very well for many years.
How to Reach Me
Instagram and YouTube